Please read the following information carefully before using any of our Sukosol Hotels websites.
- What information we collect about you
- Why we collect your information
- How we collect your information
- How we store your information
- How we use your information
- If we share your information
- How you can control what information we collect and store
1) What information we collect about you
The kind of information we may collect depend on which services you use (for example, accommodation, dining, spa) and how you interact with us (as a guest, SiamEase Member, Sukosol Star Rewards Member, Sukosol Gourmet Member).
We may collect:
Personal and demographic information – such as your name, age, passport or identity card number, country or residence or preferred language;
Contact information – such as your phone number, email address or social media name;
Payment information – such as credit card number, bank account details or billing address;
Reservation information – any details related to your stay with us, or restaurant booking with us, as well as special requests you may have;
Correspondence information – copies of your correspondence with us;
Anonymous website behaviour – all our website visitors are anonymously tracked through Google Analytics to allow us to see their interactions with our website;
Preference information – such as your favourite meals or rooms at our hotels;
Loyalty information – as a member of one of our loyalty programs, you may have login information, profile and stay/ spend history information collected;
Security information – such as CCTV footage, door key logs and other security records.
2) Why we collect your information
As part of our service to you, The Siam collects your information in order to effectively provide you with the best possible experience of our service.
3) How we collect your information
We collect your information in a number of ways, potentially over an extended period of time.
If you use our website to make a reservation, we receive and store the information you enter through our secure third-party booking engines. Some of this information is required (name, contact), but some is optional and for you to decide if you would like to share it. We require payment information in order to guarantee a reservation. Should you be making a reservation on behalf of another person, we understand that you are permitted and authorized to offer their information and that it is accurate.
For restaurant reservations online, your information is collected by industry standard third party solutions providers that store your information and share your requirements with our hotels.
We will also collect information when you call our hotel telephone operators.
When you use our hotel websites, we will automatically collect anonymous data of your interactions during your website visit, as well as automatically collecting general information such as which city/ country you are accessing from and what browser or device type you are using, as is common for most websites.
We will collect your email address if you subscribe for our hotel newsletter on our websites.
When you sign up for any Sukosol Hotels loyalty programs, your registration will include information that we will use to offer the benefits to which members are entitled.
During your stay, we may collect information you share with our teams including your preferences, as well as information collected as part of our standard hotel safety and security processes (CCTV, key card logs).
Third parties may share your information with us
4) How we store your information
Our hotels use industry leading Property Management Systems to store all guest profiles and reservation information and we maintain best practice safeguards and security to within our control to minimise the risk of unauthorised use of your information.
In addition, The Siam works with best in industry third parties to story your information, including online booking engines, CRM providers and marketing agencies. Each third party has passed a rigorous vetting process to work with us.
5) How we use your information
At The Siam, we will use your information as part of our commitment to giving you a personalised luxury experience, both during your stay and for every interaction you have with us.
Depending on the service you request, we may use your information:
- To fulfil a reservation or other service, requiring payment information and preference information;
- To fulfil our legal obligation to local law, requiring personal information like your passport number or security information;
- To offer you personalised service, requiring preference information or loyalty information;
- To contact you, either in response to your enquiry or to request more information about your requirements, for which we will need your contact information;
- To improve our internal processes, by analysing your behaviour and using it to better serve you, requiring your website information or correspondence (feedback);
- To inform you of promotions or offers that are relevant or of interest to you, based on your past behaviour;
- To maintain the safety, health, wellbeing or security of all our guests.
The Siam will retain your information for as long as it is necessary to be able to continue to offer you the service you have requested, or in order to maintain our legal requirements for record keeping.
Should your information no longer be required, it will be safely deleted, anonymised or blocked.
6) If we share your information
As part of our service to you, we may need to share your information across our company (with our sister properties), as well as with other carefully selected partners.
For example, we may share your information with:
- Your travel agent/ online travel agent or the person who may have acted on your behalf when requesting our services;
- Our trusted partners who support our marketing or advertising initiatives;
- Government agencies to meet any legal requirements our hotels have;
- Other third parties, at your own request (booking outside restaurants, airlines).
7) How you can control what information we collect and store
Should you have any questions or concerns about how we collect, store or use your information, we are happy to respond to enquiries. The group Data Protection Officer can be reached via.
Address: Data Protection Officer, 477 Si Ayuthaya Road, Phaya Thai, Bangkok 10400, Thailand
Your rights to control your information include:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
As our guest, we will endeavour to accommodate any and all requests for control over your own information.
Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of this policy.